...the night before
The Exam can be a very stressful experience. (But remember you can always take it again!!) Although you may be very competent, this experience is different. The surroundings are unfamiliar. The format is inflexible, and the proctors will not express any emotion or give you hints if you ask them a question about the exam. In addition you may have waited for this day, paid hundreds of dollars for your training, taken off time from work and, worst of all, will have to do this again if you don't pass. You may be nervous; plan for it by provide a relaxing setting for yourself.
- If you have to travel any distance, ask your spouse or significant other to come along.
Who would you rather talk to the night before the examination- someone who
is as stressed out as you, or someone with whom you enjoy sharing your life?
- As soon as you make your examination date, make a reservation to stay in a
hotel close to the exam site. You don't want the additional stress of being caught
in traffic in a strange town and trying to get to a site you have never been to
- When you get to the town where the exam will be given, find the site. Just
don't content to know it is . FIND THE SPECIFIC BUILDING WHERE THE
EXAM WILL BE GIVEN. Go inside the building if it is open to get a feel of
what you will be experiencing .
- Eat a light dinner early in the evening. Use the hours before bed to relax
quietly. There will be plenty of opportunity to party after you get your results!!
- Get plenty of sleep, but don't worry if you can't sleep. You will be more than
awake during the 3 and 1/2 hour period you are taking the exam.
- Have an alarm of your own and request a wake-up call. Hey, it could happen!!
Remember the Seinfield episode with the runner?
- Have a clear plastic pouch with two forms of identification with picture ID
your CERTIFICATE and any other documentation this is required by the exam.
Keep it in sight at all times.
- Do not forget your certificate. If you do CALL YOUR SCHOOL. They might
fax your certificate to the exam site.
- Arrive AT THE LEAST 30 minutes before the exam.
- That's it!! Do your best, follow the test tips and after the exam relax and
enjoy. E-mail me and let me know how you did - I'll be waiting with the lights